GO.250 Implementation of New Pension System (NPS) in the State. GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH NEW PENSION SYSTEM – Contributory Pension Scheme – Implementation of The New Pension System (NPS) in the State – Further Orders Issued.
FINANCE (PENSION-I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 250 Dated:06.09.2012
Carefully read the following:
- G.O.Ms.No.509, GA (Spl. B) Department, dated 04-09-2010.
- G.O.Ms.No.196, Finance (Pen. I) Department, dated 24-07-2012.
|Title||Implementation of New Pension System (NPS)|
|Subject||AP Govt has issued Implementation of NPS GO|
|GO NO||G.O.Ms.No. 250|
|Name of the Department||Finance (Pension-I) Department|
Implementation of New Pension System (NPS)
Through the G.O. 1st read the Government appointed the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad (PAO) as State Nodal Officer. He will look after all NPS-associated activities on the New Pension System (NPS). This has been initiated for the employees of the All India Services (AIS). According to the recent command which states that the PAO shall take solid actions as per the guidelines brought down by the Indian Government. It is for the entry of affiliates of AIS Officers who have joined their services on or after 01.01.2004 under the NPS.
The Nodal Officer needs to issue important instructions to the District Treasury Officer (DTO) or Treasury Officer (TO). As he is the supreme authority for the arrangement of all pensionary benefits associated with each of AIS Officers.
Basic Information regarding New Pension System (NPS)
Director of Treasuries and Accounts of Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, and the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad have preferred to the notice of the Indian Government. It states that there are certain difficulties that members experience while uploading contributions towards NPS. Along with the issues with respect to the members of All India Services falling under the ambit of NPS and also in withdrawal and remittance of Government related contributions. Also with the transfer of funds to their trustee bank.
- The Indian government has also evaluated the current course of action for uploading details of the NPS contributions which the employees use.
- Accompanied withdrawal of Government-related contribution brought down in G.O. second read above. This comes with a view to further streamlining the process.
- The authority accordingly provides so many guidelines for strict compliance. All the Drawing and Disbursing Officers, Treasury Officers, and the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad need to follow it.
- The Drawing Officers in each state will be solely responsible for prompt recovery of contributions towards the NPS. It implies for both regular as well as arrear pay bills, arrears of D.A., etc., except surrender leave by following the prescribed procedure.
- Treasury Officer shall be held answerable for the transactions till the SCFs are verified and booked. Also for the reconciliation of funds that are transferred to their Trustee Bank. This procedure needs to be completed on the 10th of each month.
C.P.S. Contributions of All India Services Officers
With respect to the members of All India Services employed in various Government Departments at regions other than Hyderabad City, The Treasury Officers will upload details of deductions towards the Contributory Pension Scheme (New Pension System). This is for both Employee as well as Government contributions. He will perform this in the same manner as it is being done for all other Government employees. He is also liable to intimate the particulars to the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad. Treasury Officers also acknowledge the Pay-bills based on payslips that the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad issues.
- The Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad shall upload particulars of deductions regarding the Contributory Pension Scheme (NPS). As in the case of other Government workers employed in twin cities.
- This step is taken with respect to the employees of the All India Services employed in Government Departments in twin cities of Hyderabad and Secundrabad.
- The foreign employer shall evidently deduct the employee’s contribution and remit together with the employer’s contribution for the members of the All India Services that are appointed to foreign service.
- He will perform this activity in the form of two different cheques to the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad. Along with particulars of PRAN.
- Lastly, the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad will transfer the funds to their Trustee Bank and in the end, upload the details.
Pay and Account Officer, Andhra Pradesh
The Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad will always stipulate the number of deductions to the Contributory Pension Scheme through the payslips. Then he issues this to the members of All India Services.
- State Nodal Officer as the Pay and Accounts Officer of Hyderabad, is accountable for the recovery and settlement of contributions of all the respective members of All India Services.
- This is covered under the CPS, irrespective of the place of work of any member.
- Therefore, He will manage with all Treasury Officers along with Foreign Employers for the quick deduction, remittance, and uploading the relevant particulars.
- The Departments of Secretariat together with all Heads of Departments need to issue important guidelines.
- This is for all the Drawing and Disbursing Officers. They have to follow the above instructions honestly.
We have provided the above AP New Pension System (NPS) details for reference Purpose only. For any rectification on the content, we refer to navigate the official website. One can obtain the latest & official particulars from there. We are not accountable for anything.