EPFO/ EPF Member Portal – Download EPF Passbook online at passbook.epfindia.gov.in | EPF Member Home – Claim Status | EPFO Employee Login Online
Here download complete EPF Passbook online on login to EPFO member portal at passbook.epfindia.gov.in/. MemberPassBook/ Login and print your required pages. Open the account on login check the necessary EPF deposit, withdrawal, and interest credit entries in the passbook. Please continue reading ahead.
EPFO Member Portal
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a social security body. It runs the largest compulsory state pension scheme for the people in India. It is also responsible for supervising. EPFO assists the Central Board in the operation of compulsory contributory provident fund, pension, and insurance scheme for employees working in India. It also undertakes to implement bilateral social security agreements with other countries. Apart from Indian employees, these schemes are also for international employees. The countries outside include only those that have signed the bilateral agreement.
The EPFO or the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has initiated a new feature. It will allow the EPF members to download their EPF passbooks. They can do so by using their USN number. The term USN stands for Universal Account Number. The whole process of download the password entries is available online. The official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php.
If we talk about the EPF member passbook, then it is a kind of document. In this, all the contributions made by the employee and the employer to the EPF and EPS accounts can be seen. You can get new detailed contribution details on the EPF passbook every month. Apart from this, the interest that is credited to the beneficiary’s account can also be seen in this passbook. This interest is paid by EPFO on the amount in the account of the user. At the same time, you are also provided with a very helpful facility. If you have more than one EPF account, then you can manage all the accounts from one unique ID. This feature makes the task of the user very easy.
The EPF passbook has several details available on it. You can easily access these by logging into the portal. Some of the services available on the portal are as follows:
- It contains an establishment ID of your account. Further, it has the name of the company or Employer.
- You can find a member ID along with the member’s or employee’s name on the passbook.
- It also has the name of the EPFO office and its type.
- One can find a piece of detailed information about Employee and Employer share in a particular contribution.
- Details for monthly depository and withdrawal contribution of Employer and the company are also available on this passbook.
- There are details related to the monthly contribution towards the pension account of the employee.
- Along with all these, you will find the date and time of printing the passbook. This date and time are located against each entry.
EPF Passbook & Claim Status (Sign-In)
Now the question comes that how to download this passbook. Before going any further, we would like to tell you that if you are a member of EPF then you have to register yourself. This is because the facility to download and print EPF passbooks is available only to the registered users. If you haven’t registered yourself yet. So first of all register yourself. After that, you can follow the steps to download EPF. You can also download and print this passbook.
All EPFO members are able to download and print their passbook entries online. For this, you have to go to the new portal of EPF. Using this portal, you will be able to download your passbook by following few steps:
Steps to Download EPF Passbook Online
EPFO gives the facility to view e-passbooks online. But this is only for those members who are registered at the EPF member portal. EPFO members can download and print their Passbook online. You can easily avail of this service through the official website of EPFO. Let us see how an employee can download an e-passbook from the EPF portal.
- First of all, visit the official website of EPFO or click here.
- Now navigate to the Login option from the right panel.
- Otherwise, you can directly go to the members’ passbook page https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login of the EPFO website.
- You can log in yourself on this page.
- Next, enter your UAN number and Password.
- Now complete the captcha verification.
- After that, click on the option of login to proceed.
- Right after that, all the EPF accounts which link to your UAN number will appear on the website page.
- Find the member’s ID. It is located under the option of member ID to view the passbook.
- Click on the Members ID located under the “Select Member ID to View Passbook” option.
- Now you can open your passbook in the next tab. You can open it in PDF format.
- The first being that, you can download your passbook. You can take a printout for future reference.
- If you want to take a printout of your passbook then press CTRL + P from your keyboard and select all the screen instructions.
Moreover, if you want to download it. Then again press CTRL + P from your keyboard. A new window will appear. Here select the option to save as a PDF file. It is located in the destination menu. Now click on the ‘save’ option. You have successfully downloaded or/and printed your EPFO passbook.
How to update the EPFO passbook?
Users do not need to update their EPFO passbook. It is an automatic process. It is updated by EPFO as soon as a contribution is made to the employee’s account. By the way, the date is not mentioned in the passbook. But in this, the year and month of contribution are written. This description is written against each contribution. If you do not get your EPF passbook updated. So you can wait for few days. Your passbook will come soon on the portal. You can log in to the portal again to get the updated passbook.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
So far we have answered all your questions. Now you can go ahead and use the portal. Register yourself and take advantage of the facilities provided on this portal. If you have any questions then feel free to comment below. We will try our best to clear all your doubts.
- When is the EPF member passbook generated online?
Employees Provident Fund Account passbook is generated within 6 hours of your registration. So if you have just completed your registration on EPFO Member Portal. So in such a situation, you have to wait for 6 hours till you download the EPF passbook.
- When will the change in credentials be updated in the passbook regarding the Unified Member Portal?
The change in credentials can be seen on the Unified Member Portal within about 6 hours.
- Can Exempt Establishment Members/ Settled Members/ Operative Members Download EPFO Passbook?
We apologize but Exempted Establishments Members / Settled Members / In Operative Members cannot download EPFO Passbook. This is because these facilities have not yet been made available to them on the portal.
Contact Details (Helpline No)
You can send your queries to the e-mail address given here:
- If you are an employee: [email protected]
- If you are an employer: [email protected]
- You may also make a call at our toll-free number: 1800-118-005